WARNING: BEWARE OF ALL THINGS GIRLIE!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

smashbox halo finale

I have FINALLY finished my Smashbox Halo powder!! Yipee!
Although I have no complaints about the product itself whatsoever, I'm not sure I would buy it again. It was quite expensive... $59!! It's great quality as most of my experience with Smashbox items are but for now, I don't feel the need for to pay that much for powder. I bought it because I was going to Asia and was afraid that they wouldn't have anything to match my skintone and I was right. So I ran into Sephora at the airport, couldn't decide what to get but finally decided on Smashbox because it has usually been good to me.
It goes on really smooth and if you skin is ok (as in not too bumpy from existing acne or deep pitted acne scars), it will be enough coverage for most people. After you apply it, your skin feels really smooth and natural, not sticky or waxy. And most importantly if you get the right shade, it melts into your skin and blends beautifully. I was quite impressed the first few times I used it, but I guess you get what you pay for right?
On a daily basis, I used it after I put on my BB cream for an extra smooth look ( I need it). The BB cream alone is WAY too pale for me. 
This is the claim made on the Sephora website. 
HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set
What it is:
A face-perfecting anti-aging powder and brush duo.

What it does:
Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder HALO is the first anti-aging powder with the science of skin care built in. It's advanced formulation of pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids and a powerful peptide deliver powerful anti-aging benefits while the patented hydration system continuously revitalizes skin and provides a hydrated look that won't accentuate lines and wrinkles. The built-in shaver allows for the convenience of a pressed powder combined with the radiant finish of a loose one, and the super-sized brush deposits the perfect amount of powder every time.

What else you need to know:
The powder is made for all skin types and is free of oil, talc, and parabens. Includes a custom Travel Kabuki Brush for flawless application plus a sample of our award-winning Photo Finish Foundation Primer.

Clinical studies show:
- After 10 minutes there is a 33% decrease in the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes.
- After 6 weeks of use, there is a 67% decrease in the appearance of fine line
s and wrinkles overall.
Dun, da, da-da
As with all my products I like to squeeze and get ALL my money's worth, so one of my most favorite thing to do is figuring a way to disect the container that gets the most product and is the least messy. So here are my pictures of my Smashbox Halo destruction.







Look at how much product is still there! I used it for another 2 weeks! I found out the hard way that there was still more product that fell thru the cracks between the shaver and the metal thing that held the powder, so becareful. The metal is glued on and I didn't think there was anything facinating if I took it apart so I left it- oops! If you can't tell already, how this works is that the Halo powder comes unshaved and you turn the shaver on the bottom right to shave it. The point is to shave just enough for the time you are planning to use it and you have total control over that. This is for people who love loose powders but hate the messiness. No powder has fallen out of that container when it was in my bag, pretty smart design, though everyone has their own take on it now...

What do you think? Is this powder for you? Have you tried this? What is your experience with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment