WARNING: BEWARE OF ALL THINGS GIRLIE!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sheet masks review

The masks I tried this weekend..


Green Tea Collagen Mask
Purpose: The Green Tea offers intense hydration and effective antioxidants to protect against premature aging. Soothes with aloe and allantoin. Reduces inflammation and redness.



What I noticed: It didn't work as well as it did the first couple of times I used it (or I should say, not as powerful) but that maybe because this was from the left over juices (and maybe there wasn't enough?). It did hydrate my skin and tone down the redness which I have a lot of from recent acne and past acne scars. I makes my acne go down a lot which I love. I'm not sure if they still make it because I went to the website and couldn't find it. I got mine at a beauty convention and I'm going to one again in June and will be sure to be on the look out for this. If you have acne or irritated skin, this is a mask to try. It's also good for people who are sensitive to scented skincare, this has no scent.



Skinfood Lettuce & Cucumber Water Essence Mask Sheet
Water essence-type mask sheet that contains lettuce & cucumber extracts to keep your skin feeling freshly moisturized.






What I noticed: It had this cold, cooling sensation when I put it on. It was nice feeling especially after a hot day. In the morning, I noticed my skin was moisturized and the active acne had gone down in size AND redness, something always nice to wake up to in the morning =)  Not sure if I will buy this again... It worked well but I've had others that worked even better.


To me, my skin needs more and I've had better results with other masks. But if all you want or need is for your skin to be cooled and moisturized, then this is the mask for you! Or if you have HOT summer days and/or nights, this will feel so good and it will be more beneficial than just putting a cold paper towel on your face =P


and to round off my weekend....

The Face Shop Fresh Fruit Aloe Mask Sheet
'Aloe for comforted and revitalized skin"
- The benefits of aloe: Aloe soothes and hydrates sensitive skin without irritation.
- Made from all natural pulp for the gentle delivery of aloe extract, this refreshing juice- like mask sheet comforts and revitalizes skin.
Aloe soothes and heals damaged skin. Great for sunburm skin irritation.


What I noticed: My skin was plump and glowy in the morning. Irritation seemed to have subsided, but it left my face a little sticky which aloe usually does. I did have a breakout on the side of my nose but I'm not sure if that is from overdoing it on my part ( I used a The Face Shop's Honey Black Sugar scrub AND a Biore nose strip). I've used this mask a few times now and will continue to do so. I think aloe sheet masks are always a safe way to go if you are trying sheet masks for the first time.

Now that I think of it, I don't think I'm using these right. All the masks suggests using it 2-3 rimes a week. I should have used the same mask 3 days in a row... not 3 different masks, 3 days in a row! DOH!! Oh well, I'll start next weekend....

What mask are you using? What is your favorite mask?

No comments:

Post a Comment