WARNING: BEWARE OF ALL THINGS GIRLIE!

Monday, May 9, 2011

nails

This is how I did my nails last week.


I LOVE this pink glitter nail polish by Missha!! It's SUPER pretty. These are the other polishes that I used.



From left to right,
Orly's Bonder- a rubberized basecoat. I used this on my left hand and Butter London's nail foundation on my right. My right hand didn't chip as fast OR as badly. Even so, It didn't start chipping until the second day. My right hand didn't start chipping until the 4th day.

Butter London's Nail Foundation- Flawless basecoat is right! This is the BEST looking basecoat I have ever used. When I first put this on, I hesitated to keep painting my nails. Yes it looks that good. It makes your nail look like your nail, but with a matte/ satin like finish. When comparing it next to a nail that hasn't been painted, you can tell the difference right away. 

Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Disco Ball- I've been looking for a clear glitter polish for a while now and I thought this one was perfect. How glitter polish has changed... before the glitter would stay in the bottle or come out in pieces wear you can pick it off your nail. But this one had glitter that was fine enough to go on smoothly. It was also subtle enough that it didn't overpower the pink Missha which is exactly what I wanted. 

Borghese Presto Fast Dry Top Coat- I really like this fast dry top coat. I once bought a really cheap fast dry top coat at Walmart and it was HORRIBLE. It took FOREVER to dry, slower than a regular nail polish! This one however, I brush it on last and wait for a minute (to be on the safe side) and my nails are dry and shiny smooth! 

Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat- This one was great and really gave me that diamond bling shine. I've had this polish forever and used it all the time so now it's gotten goopy and I can't find my polish thinner =(  I was able to use it this one last time before I put it aside until I find my thinner. I actually used this before the Borghese top coat but lined it up wrong in the picture- my bad!

Solar Oil- a nail conditioner. I've also had this forever but have been lazy about using it. I think it's an okay conditioner but I know a lot of people who love it. I have some other nail conditioner waiting in the wings that I'm excited to use so I'm just trying to finish this off. 


For this week, I tried to do this really cute bee nail that I saw on youtube but it was an ultimate fail =(

However I'm too lazy to take it off so I will just let it chip away. haha


This is my right thumb and I learned I have a lot more control of my left hand than I think. The bee on my right thumb turned out so much better than the bee on my left thumb. The flower is a sticker that I bought at Sasa in Shanghai. The rest of my fingers are horrid, I didn't let the dashes dry long enough I guess and they smeared when I put on the top coat. I will attempt this again in the future.


These are the polishes I used from left to right.

Orly's Bonder- a rubberized basecoat. I'm going to keep using this until I finish it, but I do think it's a decent basecoat.

The Face Shop BL603- I like this blue a lot. I used 2 coats and it came out darker when compared to the bottle. 

Zoya in Creamy- for the bee.

OPI in Black Onyx- for the dashes and bee stripes.

OPI in Gargantuan Green Grape- for the petals of the flower, you can barely see it. 

Skinfood in Milky Creamy Nail- as my top coat. I like this a lot. It's more watery than most top coats so it goes on really easy and the packaging it totally ADORABLE. 

Borghese Presto Fast Dry Top Coat- I don't know why I use 2 top coats. I'm not sure it that's even right to do but I think it looks better with two.

For the white wings on the bee I used


Essie in Blanc- but wth right? I know I've had this for a long time but this has never happened to any of my other nail polishes. This is the second time it cracked. I crazy glued the pieces back the first time but this time was extremely hard to open just like the first time but after banging it against my table a few times I was able to loosen it. But as I turned to open the bottle, it cracked and started falling apart so I think it's time to let it go to nail polish heaven. It's a pet peeve of mine to toss unused product but I reasoned that it's not like I can save it since nail polish isn't something you can just transfer to another container. And at this rate, it's just a matter of time before it dries out. I want a more opaque white anyway. Time to shop =)

Show me your nails =)



No comments:

Post a Comment