WARNING: BEWARE OF ALL THINGS GIRLIE!

Monday, July 18, 2011

zoya phoebe

omg! I love this color. I'm not a fan of matte, but I will make an exception for this one. This color is just SO hard to resist. Don't let the smoothness fool you. This polish is a bit difficult to use. It dries ridiculously fast (like by the 3rd stroke to spread the polish on the nail). And it dries weird and streaked. I had to do my right middle finger 3 times! I've never had to redo nail polish that many times ever. 
And even though it might be more trouble than you might care for. I love it and am constantly looking at my fingers =)
Another downer is that I painted my nails on Friday. It started to chip on Sunday =(
That's pretty fast for me. Usually the tops of my nails would start to recede a little bit but it doesn't chip until near the end of the week, if not well into the next. Still after all the negatives, I am keeping this bottle in rotation and will probably mix it up with some Konad plates at some point and see how that does. This is my first and last matte nail polish unless someone comes up with a color this irresistible. 

Here is what I used for this manicure. I used the Zoya Anchor base coat.


Then I painted 2 coats of Zoya Phoebe.


Last, I painted on China Glaze's Matte Magic top coat.


And there you have it. Let's look at it one more time.


I've read on some other blogs that matte top coats on top of matte nail polishes makes it chip easier and faster. Also that matte nail polishes are prone to chipping in general. 

What do you think? Do you like the color? Is it worth the trouble? What's your favorite matte polish?



No comments:

Post a Comment