WARNING: BEWARE OF ALL THINGS GIRLIE!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

glitter art tattoos

I went to the IECSC and IBS conference in vegas two weekends ago and brought back SO much cool stuff! I had a hard time deciding on what to start with.... I'm still in so much awe over the cool stuff that I can barely unpack it, fearing that this overwhelming happiness and joy will go away if I do...

But I finally decided that the glitter body art tattoos will be the first thing I show you. I have never seen glitter tattoos before. I've done the sparkly, pearlescent or painted on kind, but never ever the type with glitter! AND it can last up to 7 days! AND you can still shower. But they advise you not to scrub the area with the tattoo on it, well DUH =)

Here are some pictures

So much fun stuff right?! I tatted myself a green clover. It's not perfect cuz it's my first time but I'm all for practicing =)
You can't tell but that's just right above my ankle. It's cute. It's already been on for 4 days and it still looks good. I can't wait to do another one. I will post a tutorial on how to do this but basically you

1. Pick a stencil.
2. Pick out the glitter colors that you want
3. Stick the stencil on the place where you want the tattoo
4. Spread the glue on it (thinly)
5. Take the stencil off
6. Wait for the glue to be a little tacky, when it becomes clear (maybe like 5 seconds)
7. Use a (makeup) brush and apply the glitter to the glue.
8. If there is glitter that has fallen or spread out away from the tattoo.
Brush it towards the tattoo and it should stick to the glue.
9. The glue and glitter are not harmful to the body in any way.
10. If you must take it off, you can use alcohol or oil to rub it off.

Have you seen these around? Do you think it will become a big trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment